– Getting a call from a friend who had once sworn off running saying, “I decided to start running. Can you come help me pick out a pair of shoes?”
– Getting a text from said friend a few days later: “Ah, the pleasant ache of well-exercised muscles.”
– On asking friend how he found the Asics we picked out: “Felt like I was running on clouds.”
– Hearing from a Pan Pacific colleague, a mother of two: “after I had children I could only run a total of 6 minutes; I drove myself to reach 3km, then 4km and recently 5km. I still do it with a whole lot of torture, anger, and difficulty.” But she still pushes on through gritted teeth, and therein lies all the difference.
– Hearing the sage words of my … “solidly built”… college professor who’s also into distance running,”You look at those Kenyans — they’re built like gazelles! Of course they can run a marathon! You want to see a real wonder? Go watch me run the marathon.”
One more thing –
The deadline for the lucky draw is just a FEW DAYS AWAY! And we can’t extend the deadline because prizes are being given out at the Loof fund raiser on the 4th September (if winners are there). So
click here if you’re feeling lucky (contest now closed) — Canon IXUS camera, dinner for 4 at Pan Pacific Hotel, Bang & Olufsen earphones and TIMEX watch up for grabs.